Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pollwatching


MAY 14
since i wasn't able to register for the recent elections because of misinformation, i promised God that I would voluteer as a pollwatcher with the Parish Pastorla Council for responsivle Voting (PPCRV). It really was quite an experience--exciting and scary really.






@Got to argue with other pollwatchers from different
parties who were way older than me (grabe, intimidating)

@pointed out mistakes the BEI wasn't aware they were doing
(which was really humbling cause they were
supposed tobe the ones who knows the procedure)

@Checked the voters if they were really voting right
(cause some didnt even know what to do)

@ got to help other voters lookig for their precints

@ really guarded the ballot box

@ and double-checked the counting of the votes (many arguments here)

It started at 6:30 AM and ended at around 11:30 PM, but believe me since i was doing it for God I didn't feel any exhaustion or what not during the pollwatch cause He saved me from it.

Even if i was the only Youth PPCRV volunteer in our barangay, i did enjoy the experience.
I did sleep soundly that night, cause i really was happy.

Thank God!

No comments: