Monday, August 27, 2007

Baking

I love cooking. Admittedly though, not the gourmet stuff. I mean i do cook the basics, experiment on them, and gobble them all. I guess my taste buds are simply ordinary. I make whatever there is that i can make with the available ingredients. I don't buy whatdyacallthem herbs, spices and what not. I invent. Hehehe

Unfortunately,when it comes to baking i'm kinda the dumb-dumb. That's why the moment i learned that ate Jo bakes cakes and pastries, I just wasn't able to stop myself from asking her to teach me. And so she did.

She invited me to her house to bake (or did she? hmmm). I shopped for the ingredients (Eaji and cakes?)--entering for the first time a confectionery shop (sniffing the oh-so-good smell of bars and bars of chocolate, gazing on the tons of sprinkles on the shelves, and drooling on the bags of choco chips waiting to be fetched by bakers) ,learning what butter compound is, and checking price differences between butters, sugars and milk.

Then we baked.

We sifted (thousands of times. HAHA!), we mixed, tasted, stirred, tasted, blended, tasted, folded, tasted, shaped, tasted, baked, then finally tasted again. hihihi. No wonder when the heavenly moist, scrumptuous cake came out of the oven, we really didn't want to taste it anymore. Hehehehe.


<<--- Still, i can't believe that i really baked this cake. Ang galing ni ate Jo magturo.

Then the cookies came. Grabe, sugar overload. Then, the frosting happened. And then the next thing you know we were already putting the frosting on the cake which was really hard to even out.



Natapos namin yung cake at around 6 pm just in time para dalin sa koro house for the judging or as ate Jo puts it, para sa mga guinea pigs hehehehe.

Kuyas Richard, Francis, and Darwin were ones who were lucky to taste our baking. Sori na lang sa mga di nakapunta.

Baking is really fun.

@@@

napaisip lang, ako. I met someone today and told her i wanted to be a teacher. Well, she suddenly talked about establishing my own school, looking for this 'company' of teachers who gets paid well and what not. Sa isip ko nung sinasabi niya yun, na-iimagine ko yung school na gusto ko itayo sa isang barrio. Wala lang, para bang ang hirap iexplain (i guess i stopped trying) sa mga tao that i really want to teach sa rural areas. Weird, i know there's this notion that teachers dont get rich. That's why as early as now i'm really saving up. I'm a dreaming nuts here?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow ang daming sprinkles. araw. toothache. tonsillitis. hehe kidding.