Monday, July 02, 2007

God's Gift

Did my first assignment as a Lector earlier at the 7:30 am mass. Syempre scary, fortunately I really listened to the monsignor in the 1-and-a-half day seminar last june 16-17 making me understand what this ministry is all about.

Felt queasy at the start of the mass, a bit self-conscious, but knowing that this ministry is all about sharing God's word (in my case leading the faithul in prayer), i felt calm at once.

Only recently did I understand the SERIOUSNESS of the lectors' and Commentators' role in the mass, realize that the lectern actually is the AMBO, which I didn't know was a higly sacred place (Eucharistically speaking), and know the ministry's dos and donts. AT least i did learn about them. Facts of tradition in the church are refreshing to one's faith you know. Now its not just for the sake of attending mass, it's bit by bit understanding how beautiful the Holy Eucharist is. (love talaga tayo ni God)
pics from the seminar: With my teacher in 6th grade, Tchr. Stephen (one w/ the eyeglasses). Weird. Parang kelan lang he was teaching me about catholicism and its ministries, now I'm with him in one of the ministries.
















Pic of the officers of the
Lectors and Commentators Guild:
and our quirky-lovable-"WISE" parish priest Fr. Romulo Bertoni
Weird rin kasi iba talaga world ng adults serving the Lord from the Youth. medyo issues and gossip are there but still, i thank God na I am already exposed to different ministries. Masaya naman e!
Learning to adjust means learning more about yourself. do the link :p

No comments: