Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Velascos


I'm a sucker for nostalgia. So when i see people from somewhere in my past, it really make me happy 'casue I'm quite sure that somewhere in me was affected by my knowing them.

Tita Mildred, Ate Mara, Mariel and their youngs siblings Zill and Zy visited this afternoon. Since it has been 8 years since we last saw them we exchanged stories, shared pizza (and a captain's choice platter--my fave haha),and shared more stories. So many catching up to do.


Then, i kinda babysat Zill (5) and Zy(4) while they were playing in our playground.
Nakakatuwa. These kids are quite smart. They are kinda tri-lingual--Filipino, Chabakano, English.
Kaya naman, being the teacher that I will be, i didn't miss this chance to interact with them. Ayun, nagpaturo ako konting Chabakano.

I would ask them to translate some words to Chabakano. Well, what can I say, ang galing nila.
It sounds like Spanish, Chabakano that is, like "quiero leche" for "I want milk." COOL!


Nakaktuwa, I watched them play in our playground, the same playground where their ates and our friends played whene we were still kids.


Good 'ol days nga naman...


more pics at http://themistermistaker.multiply.com/photos/album/75/The_Velascos_29_May_2008

No comments: