Monday, February 25, 2008

A long update

It has been a while since I posted a decent blog entry. So, here goes what things i did over the past week:

FEB 17
My Lil Sis' Debut

(This picture taken by kuya Ronnie, the family photographer)

Held at Cecile's restaurant's cue room, it was a gathering where family, relatives, friends, classmates, schoolmates and choirmates came to eat hahahaha (so was my intention!).

With the 70's theme, there were dance, songs, and instrument playing numbers for my lil sis (who isn't lil anymore) which i'm pretty sure she really appreciated.

I can't imagine that me and my sister are almost past the teenage years. I can still imagine that day when the word "debut" was but a word in my vocabulary, without realizing what it really is all about, now its my sister having hers. (sighs).

Changes yet again.

Anyways, here are 5 cool things about her debut:

1. Food was, of course, great
2. Close family and friends came--the ususal 18 candles, 18, roses, and 18 wishes were very intimate and personalized by my sister ( i really liked the 18 wishes part where my sis introduced each of her good friends)
3. I didn't piok in my song number for my lil sis (angel by sarah machlachlan). haha. Imagine the confidence i had to sing in front of music majors!
4. The number and dances were like SOP and ASAP combined. Fun!
5. Met her dormates and classmates (whom she really loves so much) so now whenever she tells stories about them, i woulnd't have to imagine vague faces.

hay... i guess we do grow up.
I love my sis. Love you!
(",)

FEB 19

DEMO Teaching at UPIS

After weeks of prepartation (including 5 revisions of our lesson plan: LP and days ofr visual aid prep), I finally had my first ever demo teaching at the UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILPPINES INTEGRATED SCHOOL (UPIS) in the kinder level section sampaguita under teach Yvette.



Equipped with my 2 sems worth of knowledge from EDTEG 101 and 102, i struggled to keep them listening and focused on whatever it is we were teaching by applying the things i've learned. And as it is always, theory is way different from practice.

It was really hard. The first hour came as okay, with me starting off with a poem Five Little Monkeys then later telling them the story of our LP entitled Five Little Monkeys with Nothing to Do and so on. But when the second hour entered, slikes! They turned into rowdy little tykes!

I even had to get some sort of angry with them (but not really) trying my best to assert my authoriy over them which was really hard.

FEB 23
Watching 3 Performances All in One Day

2 recitals @ St. Scho's St. Cecilia's auditorium where my sister performed. We (ate Mean and I) then stayed for the second show to wacth my sister's friends whom we met at her debut.

She was as usual great--very confident, composed, relaxed. And as always, she closed her eyes while preforming, feelt her song and just hit her notes right--diggin' it.

NICE!

Then @ 7:30 pm went with Koro Stigmatino to watch the Ateneo College Glee club @ the Philamlife theater (where our MD is a guest member). Kinda cool. Great perfoamance but was a bit dragging for it was a straight LISTEN-TO-US-SING show. Wala lang, they sang. ehheeh. But they sounded great!

Had a late dinner in Kimono sumtin in blue wave, Macapagal Av.. Ordered Oyakudon which tasted great but was at a not- a-student-friendly price. My savings got depleted. Hehehe

No comments: