Monday, January 14, 2008

Storytelling

Yesterday, Saturday. 2 hours of sleep. Woke up at 5 am to a dark, gloomy, rainy morning. Then, rushed to school for our 8 am reporting in PI 100 (which i sooo want to drop). At around 11 am, sprinted to the Educ building to attend the storytelling workshop which also started at 8 am. When I arrived, they were already practicing the fisrt part of story telling--introducing of the book:
1. Greeting: "magandang umaga"
2. Introducing of one's self: "Ako si kuya JM"
3. Motivating question
4. Title of the book
5. Author and Illustrator




I kinda sucked at first, with the speaker commenting that I was so tense that my chest and shoulders were so stiff. Plus, my voice did not sound natural, as if i was trying to make it big.

In the pm, we performed exercises to get rid of self-consciousness (which I am full with) which includes body distortions, concentration exercises and mirror imaging. I guess it was really effective since by the the time we have to deliver the entire story, i did quite fine:

"Much better than this morning, JM"
"Very interactive and good voice modulation"
Hahaha, it was fun.
I usually go to my aunt's house to storytell to my young cousins. I can;t wait to use the things i've learned from this workshop.

Despite only 2 hours of sleep, Saturday has been quite a nice day (",).

No comments: